ASSAM INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND INDUSTRIAL FAIR – 2015
The Department of Industries and Commerce, Government of Assam and Federation of Industry & Commerce of North Eastern Region (FINER) is organising The ASSAM INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND INDUSTRIAL FAIR – 2015 , the first of its kind in the Region, at the Court Field, JDSA Field and Stadium, Jorhat from 19th to 25th February 2015. The main objective of the fair is to provide a platform for business opportunities and enterprise building with the National and International markets. The fair will provide a comprehensive Buyer-Seller platform offering business opportunities and enterprise building and also provide insight and direction to entrepreneurial aspirations.
Assam serves as a Gateway to the Northeast and ASEAN’s gateway into India. According a robust Infrastructure is required to have a noticeable trickle down effect to support trade and commerce in the Region- a fact that is increasing being recognized by the Government, Industry and People. The North East Region is endowed by MSME which need to adapt themselves to the latest technologies developments inorder to produce and process products with resources available locally at a sustainable scale of operation and respectable quality levels.
The Assam International Trade and Industrial Fair will provide a comprehensive platform for participation from ASEAN, SAARC , BCIM Countries and different Self Help Group and NGOs from the Region.
The fair will be having three main pavilions as mentioned below:-
1. International pavilion with around 80 participants from ASEAN, SAARC, BCIM and other South Asian countries.
2. National Tech Mart Pavilion with participation from National manufacturers (machinery/agricultural/food processing / textile / packaging etc.)
3. Good living and State Government Pavilion with participation from State SME Product manufacturers and State Government development agencies
Other than these three main pavilions, there will be pavilions for different Self Help Groups and NGOs of the North East Region
The ASSAM INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND INDUSTRIAL FAIR – 2015, will be the largest International Industrial Trade Fair in Asia with over 250 exhibitors and a huge conglomeration of Business Visitors from Northeast. The Industrial Fair will also have concurrently a host of Business Summits and Interactive sessions with Embassy participation from ASEAN, SAARC and BCIM Countries.
Tour Circuits and travel packages in and around Jorhat will also be leveraged as value additions for participants of exhibition and Business Summit delegates. Some of the highlighted packages are:
- World Heritage site - Majuli
- Golf Tourism
- Tea Tourism
- River Cruise- Assam Bengal Navigation
- Kaziranga N.P & Gibbon Sanctuary
- Ethnic Village Tour – Tai KhomYong Village
- Spiritual Tour – Kokilamukh Ashram